Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tarot Dreams


Occasionally, inspiration comes as I sleep - one of the reasons I keep a notebook handy in almost every room of the house, hehe....

This piece was total gift, a dream I awakened from several days ago; not of floating around this cosmic scene, but of actually painting it. The last time that happened was a couple of years ago when I dreamed I was painting a purse with a portrait of Edgar Allen Poe. So paint it I did. :) I have absolutely no idea what it means, but when that kind of direction comes, there's not much to do but accept it and paint.

That said, this one is kind of similar to a black cat tarot table I completed recently (sold), and there's been some interest expressed in my illustrating a deck of cards, so I have had tarot on the brain lately. I don't want to get carried away and read too much into all this, lol...

At any rate, unless it sells first (feel free to email), it will list on eBay tomorrow evening. It's a pretty cool little table, handmade here in Pennsylvania, and the drawer is just the perfect size for holding a deck of tarot cards.

Next up: A parade of trick or treaters on a long child's bench, and a magickal garden painting.....

In the meantime, I'm taking a little break for the rest of the night......pouring a glass of red wine, getting out the knitting, maybe doing a little reading....Another wild evening. ;)

~ Carolee

1 comment:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Fabulous Carolee ~ What a FUN departure! LOVE IT!!! :)

CK