Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Into White

Today is one of those blissful, perfect, zen kind of winter days....a pot of jasmine tea within reach, Iron and Wine in the CD player, scented candle burning, velcro Aussies warming my feet as I paint...and a winter wonderland outside the window.....

The pond, surrounded by snow covered ivy. If you look very closely, you can see the two koi, huddled together, dormant until the water warms in the spring....

Another view, a little farther back. You can see our next door neighbor's charming old shed in the background....

The red berries on the pyracantha beside the house....



Inside, I'm still working on the "Herbes et Potions" chest, and thinking since the whimsical cat painting auction ends tonight, another one is in order...Perhaps "Cafe Chat Noir"...I'm picturing cool kitties sipping espresso (thinking of how they thunder through the house at all hours as if on some kind of bizarre caffiene buzz, hehe)...

Until then, I'm off to brew another pot of tea and resume painting (too many ideas, too little time!)

Wishing everyone a magical, creative day....

~ Carolee

2 comments:

Julia Guthrie said...

May I join you in that cup of tea? hehe...sounds blissful actually :)

Julia xx

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Koi?...lucky girl. I couldn't figure out why ours disappeared. We then discovered a mother racoon and her 3 babies in the yard and I think that explains the disappearance and injury of ours. We only have fantails now.

Laurie