Thursday, May 21, 2009

Enchantment...

There's sooooooo much magic afoot, I hardy know where to begin.....

First, it's SUCH a perfect day here in southwestern Pennsylvania - the sky is the most incredible shade of blue, the birdsongs sound like a symphony, the yellow water irises in the pond are in full bloom and the neighborhood children are still in school, which means no skateboards or minibikes - yet, haha. I'm enjoying it while I can. ;)

Magic is afoot in the studio too - have to share the latest piece with you (although it sold almost instantly)...I LOVE these ornament chests, but only have a couple left now, and I'm hoarding them, hehe....



Excitement is also beginning to build for the wicked cool Ghoultide Gathering Show, up in Northville, Michigan. If you're on my mailing list and within a day's drive, look for a postcard this summer! I can't tell you how incredible this show is...basically it's Halloween eye candy everywhere you look...SUCH a good time, and of course, the best part is meeting collectors in person!

There's web magic afoot as well, with the fabulous Vanessa Valencia's Mad Tea Party approaching! I just may have to paint a super whimsical tea pot or tea box for this one...

And finally, there's the Enchanted Revelry of Tristan Robin Blakeman - quilt artist and blogger extraordinaire, whose kind words about my work on his blog this week absolutely made my day!! If you haven't seen Tristan's blog and his incredible work, DO run over there - You'll instantly get why it's called "Enchanted Revelry" - truly, truly magical!

And now I'm off to put some tunes in the CD player, open the skylight over my work table, and see what further magic the day brings....a set of Halloween coasters? A raven totem piece? Some sculpting? We'll see....

In the meantime, however you spend it, I hope your day is filled with enchantment!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• ~ Carolee

5 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

wow...i love the ornament box! are you going to the columbus holiday show? i think it is this weekend. when is the show in michigan? i love your latest box. you sure are talented!

Carolee said...

Thanks so much! The Ghoultide Gathering is Saturday, Oct. 3rd. If you go to the post and click the link, it will take you to the website - SUCH a wonderful event!!

Unknown said...

Carolee...

You are having a magical week. Love the box...I have said this over and over...your painting technique and colors amaze me.

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Kathleen Coy said...

The ornament chest is gorgeous, Carolee! It's been a beautiful and magical day here as well. I love this time of year!

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

The box is beautiful! I love how the witches look as if they are about to dance :)

The show sounds delightful wish I were closer!