Friday, November 6, 2009

Quick Update

I'm typing this from an ICU waiting room, so I'll be brief. John's heart surgery yesterday, although a bit difficult, was successful, and he's now the proud owner of a mechanical mitral valve. :) Many thanks for all the prayers, good wishes and positive energy - I'm happy to say they were answered, and he'll soon be on the road to recovery.

I'll be spending most of the next week at the hospital, but will be available via phone for those of you have my cell, and will be checking email once or twice a day as well.

Feeling very tired this morning, but incredibly thankful for this miracle of modern medicine, for his doctors and caregivers, and for friends and family who've been there with support and encouragement - thank you all!

Back soon...

~Carolee

15 comments:

Tamara C said...

I'm so glad your hubby is doing well! You are a special and wonderful woman and I know you will help speed up his recovery just by being by his side!

Big Healing Hugs Topped With Fairy Dust, Tamara

Christopher A. Klingler said...

This is great news Carolee! Hope John's recovery will go well as well.

Sending prayers your way.

Chris :-)

Anonymous said...

i'm glad the op was sucessful, and am continuing to send lots of healing prayers and thoughts your way :)

Rooster Inn Primitives said...

Prayer going out to John for a full recovery. And try to rest.

Hugs
Pam

sassypackrat said...

So glad to hear everyhting went well!

Heidi said...

What wonderful news about your husband! My father in law had a valve replaced last year and is doing great! I hope John has an easy and speedy recovery.:)

Jorge de Rojas said...

Hey Carolee,
So nice to hear good news. Our prayers and thoughts will stay with you till you have him back home. Please remember to take care of yourself. At times like these we often forget the caregiver needs care. Blessings and healing though to you both.

Renée said...

I'm very pleased to hear the operation went well. What a relieve for the both of you and your family. Lets hope from now on everything wil be fine. No more scares or unpleasantness.
I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Be well.
Renée

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Great news Carolee and thank you for keeping us updated. Funny how so many of us have never actually met in person, but how we become involved and care for our blogging buddies!!! Keep us posted and here is to a quick and successful recovery.
Laurie

Zan Asha said...

Oh Carolee! I didn't realize the situation with your husband! How wonderful to hear this news, and many blessings to you! Get some rest, I am sure you were worried, and wishing both of you a speedy recovery! :)

Kathleen Coy said...

Thanks for the update, Carolee. Wishing John a quick recovery. ((hugs))

The Witch said...

Great news.
Be strong and Hubby will be home soon.

By Way of Salem said...

I'm so happy for you and John. Blessings to you both. And thank goodness for modern medicine indeed. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Many prayers - Jeannine - By Way of Salem, Bag Sister #1

Jennifer Hepler-Takens said...

Thinking of you and John.

readingsully2 said...

So glad your hubby is going to be okay.