Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Third Day of Christmas

I'm one of those people who likes to celebrate the season in it's entirety, from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day through Twelfth Night - after which the tree comes down and the house returns to normal (or as normal as it gets around here, hehe).

So here's a quick recap of the festivities so far....

Christmas Eve was celebrated at my sister's house, where we met our daughter Courtney, dined on a wonderful array of appetizers, and exchanged gifts with my sister and my nephew. Before I go any further, I have to share a photo of her tree - it must be about 12 feet tall, and sparkles with sooooooo many lights and glass ornaments. Isn't it beautiful?

Christmas Day was spent here at home with Courtney, who very kindly cooked the traditional feast since my ankle has left me unable to stand for more than a few minutes. Here's our tree - a gift from Courtney this year, our old one being cumbersome and far too large for the room. I misplaced all the glass icicles, so it was a little simpler this year, but still pretty, I think....

Courtney doesn't like the topper. She says it looks like our tree is wearing a dunce cap. ;)

The second day of Christmas was spent braving the crowds at Pier One for post holiday bargains, and then on to Barnes and Noble to use the many gift cards. Everyone else is careful with theirs, making them last. Not me, haha. It took me about twenty minutes to burn through every single one of them. What can I say, I LOVE books....


Today being only the third day of Christmas, there's still much revelry ahead, and tonight it will be by way of scrabble playing and martini drinking at my friend Jen's house. Must hurry, as John just reminded me it's almost time to leave.

Before I go I'll share one of the last pieces of 2009, a "Witch's Kitchen" sign, painted on a cherry wood cabinet door.

It lists on eBay tonight at 9PM eastern. Trinket and treasure boxes are in the works too, and a large sewing or knitting box, so stay tuned. :)

That's it for now. I'm off to play scrabble and consume chocolate covered cherry martinis (yummmmmmm)....But I'll be back very soon with an update on new work and some surprises in store for 2010, including a new Year's GIVEAWAY. :)

Happy Holidays!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• ~ Carolee

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that is wonderful, the trees, and books and wonderful painting. I thought the tree look like the gnome from travelocity...LOL....

Happy 2010 to you, John and Courtney to be blessed, happy, and healthy.

I have the Barbera Kingsolver Book...LOVE it

xoxox

Unknown said...

A dunces' cap? lol looks like one of the classic fun folk art caps that we see on everyone's sculpted characters. All the tree needs is a big grin and rosey cheeks!.... oh wait... it's a happpy tree,and is smiling! :-)

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Both trees are lovely. It was a 'books' Christmas here as well. Still celebrating as long as my family will allow (when the eye rolling commences in a few weeks I'll know it is time to stop playing the carols and take down the tree...) I love the painting with the woman in the red cloak, Carolee. She reminds me of a young Tasha Tudor. Wish it were mine. Happy New Year to you. Sending good thoughts, prayers and blessings for your husband's heart and your ankle too. Warmly, Cathy ^..^ xo xo

Textile and Stitch said...

Enjoy your new books! I read them both this year and found them both life changing in their own ways :)