Monday, January 18, 2010

Coming Up for Air...

Has it really been over a week since I've poked my head in here??? Surely it can't be more than a day or two....

No excuse, I know, except to say I've been completely IMMERSED this week. In this....

and this...

and this...

It all began with a little orange and black base coating on a wooden sewing chest. Some cloudy swirls, a checkerboard....

More checks, more color, a bit of lettering.....

Then it was time to get carried away with detail. Some silhouettes. A few buttons and baubles, ribbons and sparkle, tiny paintings....and voila...

"Wicked Stitches"

I can't begin to tell you how much fun this piece was (and how tempted I am to keep it, hehe)...But there's that pesky matter of bills and such, so sell it I must. It will list on eBay this evening at 9PM, and will probably have some kind of reserve, given the time involved. ;)

Today will be spent working on commissions, and then there are some heart shaped boxes calling my name....

And all these red buttons and ribbons...

I think they'd make great trim for the boxes, yes? They'll probably end up on Etsy, but I'm not sure yet.

Oh! And speaking of hearts, if you're a collector, and haven't already, scroll back a few posts to the Valentine's Box giveaway and leave a comment. I'll be drawing a name on Feb 1st.

That's about it for now....I will truly try to pop in more often. And thank you, thank you, thank you all for your kind comments here and on facebook. I don't always have time to respond individually, but please know how much I appreciate your visits and kind words. They mean the world to me. :)

~♥~ Carolee ~♥~

11 comments:

William Bezek said...

I'm like Homer Simpson and doughnuts when I see art supplies, my eyes go glassy and I drool a little...it's not pretty.

KatHreN said...

I love this one....its great and so much to look at!!
Kathren

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Glitter!!! Boy do I love that sewing box. You are doing such wonderful work, Carolee.
♥, Susan

Anne said...

I LOVE everything about this box...but my absolute favorite is the sewing needles you used in the writing...clever idea!!!

Unknown said...

ooooh, I love the "wicked stitches" box!

Janine said...

The wicked Stitches box is faboulus. Genial!!!!

jann said...

Oh My Oh My! I am so glad I am not a seamstress.... Helps with the Temptation!

Unknown said...

Looove it - and I'm already jealous of the lucky person that gets to purchase it. Keep painting - you've definitely inspired me.

By Way of Salem said...

I love the wicked stitches! Fabulous. Can't wait to see what you do with those lovely heart boxes and all that trim. I'm feeling inspired to paint too!

Createology said...

Your work is absolutely beyond fabulous. Your creativity is amazing. Sewing needles for letters in "Wicked Stitches" is so clever. Keep creating.

Unknown said...

Oooo... love the new box and I really like the storage rack you use for your paint bottles. Great idea!