Sunday, April 10, 2011

Falling Down the Rabbit Hole

Everyone needs a little escape now and again, don't you think?

A place to go (even if only in the imagination) where everyday magic exists and pressure and stress just fall away...A *Wonderland* of sorts, where whimsy and color reign and nothing is as it seems.

Painting is like that, and what better escape than falling down the creative rabbit hole into a few Wonderland inspired pieces?

Very recently, this triptych took me to a world of tea parties and mushrooms and smiling cats, and I quite liked it there...

So much so in fact, that I decided to stay for a bit, hehe. ;)

"You're mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I'll tell you a secret; all the best people are." That's from the Tim Burton movie, and one of my favorite quotes. And sooooo TRUE, don't you think?!

Oh! and this one, from the 2008 film "Phoebe in Wonderland":

(Link) View more Phoebe In Wonderland Sound Clips
Doesn't that just make you want to give yourself a great big {{{hug}}}?

The first quote (jumping around a bit, I know) is actually the inspiration behind a new "Alice" piece; a large jewelry chest and/or memory box, shown here in the very early stages of it's progress...

The papers you see underneath the chest will be decoupaged onto the tray which rests inside. VERY excited about this one. :)

I'll post a photo of the finished piece here, and in the meantime, if you're on facebook (and "like" my kingofmicestudios page there) I hope to share more in-progress pics. ;)

But I'm still not sure if Wonderland is quite out of my system yet, so to that end I have a canvas set aside for a Mad Tea Party painting. Stay tuned...

In the meantime, there are commissions to finish, everyday LIFE challenges to deal with, and a show for which I must prepare! So like the white rabbit, I'll run off now, muttering "I'm late!" ;)

But I'll be back as quick as I can, with new tales to tell, new photos to share, and new ramblings...

♥ Carolee
PS - almost forgot! There are two new signs/doortoppers making their debut on the PFATT Marketplace today, under $50 each, and up for grabs on a first-come basis. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I too love to slip down the rabbit hole from time to time and am quite comfortable in my maddness. Perhaps we can meet there for tea some time! Lovely work as always! Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

Falling down the rabbit hole is exactly how I feel when I see your art work. Pure joy and pure fantasy.

mirsini's creations said...

WoW ! I love love loooooooooove your paints !! This triptych is Amazing !!! It's very beautiful !! Kisses ! :)

Ms. said...

TALENTED whimsy! Wonderful creations come from your craft. I am so very impressed.

Unknown said...

Next time yous goes down the hole, could yous take me please!
It looks so wonderful there!
Kisses
Nellie

Unknown said...

Oh, I love Alice and that is a favorite movie of mine. Aren't you glad that you are not one of the awful normals? Thank you for adding that clip, it made my day. I love what you are creating.

Alice wisdom, it makes total sense to me!
Karen

Maggie said...

I loved that movie! Twice! Your triptych is wonderful.