Friday, September 9, 2011

Who'll Stop the Rain....



Greetings from a very waterlogged Lancaster County, PA...

We live in town, and a good half a mile from any of the creeks, so the worst of it for us is a nearly overflowing koi pond, and some major driving inconvenience. But my heart is breaking for those not quite so lucky, including a local woman whose car was swept away by rising creek waters just a couple of miles up the road. So sad. And after a very near miss myself a couple of years ago (car stalled in rising waters on a bridge, and after a few terrifying moments a very kind pick-up driver pushed me to safety) I have a healthy respect for flood warnings.

Southeastern Pennsylvania is full of rivers and creeks, and since they flow down from upstate, the worst of the flooding can happen well after the rain stops. Another instance where working at home is a blessing, I suppose. ;)

Most people don't have that luxury though, John being among them. It took him an hour and a half to get home last night, and then out he went again running a couple of errands. (And by the way, what is it about men that makes them scoff at natural disasters?) A guy thing, I guess...

At any rate, since I'm knee deep in Ghoultide Gathering preparation anyway, I think I'll remain safely tucked away in the studio this weekend, candles burning, teakettle whistling and paintbrushes flying.

I hope everyone else in the northeast is staying warm and dry! Good weather for creating, this. ;)

Until next time,
♥ Carolee

3 comments:

Ms. said...

great choice of music...but I love the Springstein version too. Stay dry. Many friends here are waterlogged...and in the west fires! I'm on my way up to mid Massachusetts while friends fly to England despite terror threats. The country is a mess on so many levels....maybe hallows eve will bring good witches to bear on the woes. Take good care of you. Happy creating!

petoskystone said...

stay safe! a few years ago now, a woman drove around a warning sign in front of an underpass, in a local suburb, while driving a minivan. why would she do this when, even in dusks' failing light, the underpass was clearly underwater, we'll never know as her car was swamped, she panicked & drowned. foolishness! even a few inches (john) can carry away a car! :/

maddyrose said...

Happy to hear you're staying dry and snug in the studio. Enjoy the tea and have a creative weekend.