Friday, August 17, 2012

The Mad Halloween Artist

The image of the paint-covered, wild-eyed, obsessed artist at work isn't far from the truth these days...As preparation for the October 5th and 6th Ghoultide Gathering kicks into high gear, the focus around here is pretty single-minded...The house has turned into what we like to call "the art explosion". Friends visit and make comments like "Wow - it looks like an art store threw up in here!". Almost every article of clothing is adorned with paint splatters, and on the rare occasions I venture into the outside world, kind strangers point out the bright colors on my face and in my hair.

But hey - according to this article, at least I'm trendy...


Or maybe I was in 2010?

But I digress. In an effort to save myself from being buried under the growing pile of art and supplies, we (the Mice President and myself) did take a few moments yesterday to clear a bit of space on the work table so more than one piece could actually fit. This is a peek at a few of them in progress...


 One finished piece using the new pen and ink technique (loving this!) actually made its way to Etsy yesterday, and was snapped up in moments, with several emails following from other collectors who were seconds too late (sorry, and will try my best to finish another in the coming weeks!)


Commissions have been on the back burner lately, but there are two I hope to finish next week, and whose completion will make me feel much lighter and free to accept a few new orders after the big show.

That accomplished, the next project is one I want to remain a surprise for those attending the show - an occasional table, and my first full-size piece of Halloween furniture! I'm giddy just thinking about it - soooooo many possibilities, and I'm picturing someone using it at a Halloween party,  perhaps with one of my treat bowls or a set of coasters sitting on top...Teeheehee! (That was my best witch's cackle). ;)

OK, back to the studio now, but not before leaving you with a little video of the Ghoultide Gathering's new home - Chelsea, Michigan - hosted by their most famous and long time resident, Jeff Daniels. (HUGE fan, and secretly hoping he's in town and comes to the show, hehe!)...



Until next time,
♥ Carolee





No comments: