Friday, April 26, 2013

A Bit of *Magic* and Halloween Whimsy!

I've been completely immersed in Halloween the last few days, and have finally managed to add a few pieces to the Etsy shop. (UPDATE ~ Just one left now). Such a joy to paint these, and I can't wait to see where they'll be traveling! They're available as always on a first-come basis

There's an owl....


And some crows, with an old, English divination rhyme  for counting crows or magpies lettered around the edge...


.And an adorable little mouse witch, sharing her Halloween candy...


And a witch conversing with the Woman in the Moon....


There are a few more as well, but they'll be traveling with me to the Ghoultide Gathering in September (maybe you can see them in person!?) I do hope so. The show is just about five months away now, and I'm giddy with excitement - not only about showing my work and seeing old friends, but about meeting new friends and collectors. My absolute, favorite weekend of the year - truly *magical*! :)

That's about it for now. I'll be back very soon with a new "Oz" inspired piece, titled "There's No Place Like Home"...

Oh, and I've been having great fun sharing photos on Facebook of some of these pieces as they progress, so if you're there, please do find and "like" my page (under "King of Mice Studios") for updates.

Thanks as always for visiting, and please do leave a comment if you're so inclined. Makes me feel like there's someone out there, hehe...

♥ Carolee

.

No comments: