Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Christmas Show + New Work

Hello, all!

I know it isn't even Halloween yet, but I'm absolutely giddy with excitement about participating in Paul Gordon's fabulous Friends in Christmas show this year! I've attended for several years, but this will be my first year exhibiting, and there are already several new pieces in the works.

If you'd like a wee glimpse from the past, click here for a blog post from the 2010 show (the first year I attended) - just *magical*!

It's no secret I'm in love with All Things Christmas, and like Halloween, usually push the season just a wee bit, hehe. This year is no exception, and I've already begun painting pieces not only for the show, but for the Etsy shop as well. At the moment, this little Peppermint Mouse angel is looking for a good home...


I love the red/pink/white combination - looks so pepperminty I can almost taste it, haha. Actually, a great idea - fill it with peppermints for a gift. ♥

Other pieces are on the studio table as well, including one more "Seasons of the Witch" piece, this one a gentle movement between the seasons; planting in spring, tending in summer, gathering in autumn and resting in winter. I'll share a peek here - and on facebook - before offering it. :)

That's about it for now - I'd write more but am also dealing with workmen in the basement, who are replacing our leaking oil tank (yikes!). Ah, the joys of home ownership, *sigh*...

I'll be back very soon with more photos,  and in the meantime, I hop everyone is finding time to enjoy this absolutely GORGEOUS autumn! What a blessing it is....

Until next time,
♥ Carolee
PS - hope to see some of you at Paul's Show!

1 comment:

Grace said...

These are lovely! So unique!