Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Devil in the Detail?

I've been immersed in some pretty painstaking detail this work (and am just about cross-eyed, hehe!) so thought I would pop in and share. Pen and ink has been a love of mine for many years; challenging to be sure, but always producing such a fine result. I'm sure I could never be an abstract artist, loving the tiniest, singular detail as I do.

I began last week with an homage to the legend/story/modern invention of "funerary violin" - where the violinist stays at the deceased's grave site throughout the night, playing their soul into the afterlife. This first box is titled "Through the Veil"...


Next there was a raven, with a single feather on the interior...


And a golden eyed wolf....


And finally, a Hobbit, somewhere in The Shire, puffing on his pipe....


These four were a bit of a departure for me, and now it's back to the acrylic paints. The raven and wolf are now sold, while the Hobbit and the Violinist remain available in the Etsy shop. I do hope they find good homes!

I'll be back very soon with new work, and in the meantime, I need to give these poor eyes of mine a rest, hehe!!

Until next time,
♥ Carolee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are all so beautiful. I love the little details.