Saturday, October 11, 2014

Autumn and Ghoultide and Road Trips, Oh My!

First, I'd like to offer a heartfelt apology for neglecting my poor little blog here - and by extension those of you who don't do Facebook. I tend to assume the entire world is connected there, which is dangerous slope. I mean, whatever happened to REAL LIFE, anyway? Fifteen years ago, friends were making comments like "Oh, Carolee will get a computer when they invent a woodburning model"...

Yet here I sit in front of a screen, making my living, making friendships, and sometimes making myself crazy keeping up with it all, hehe. ♥

Soooooooo, here's my favorite season in full swing, and I'm determined to stop and take note, and make the absolute MOST out of it......Apples. Pumpkins. Shawls. Leaves crunching underfoot. Comfy jeans and big sweaters. Knitting projects. Soups simmering on the stove. Candles lit. And of course, sharing my favorite weekend of the year - Ghoultide!


Let's begin with some pictures. The first few are my own work, and I'll share the other artists' work as it appears, with apologies to those I missed (quite a few of the photos I took were washed out due to the flash)...







(I had soooooo much fun painting this clock!)


 Allen Cunningham's wonderful display....


David Schilling, The Shadow Farm...


Dustin Poche...


Jennie Hepler-Takens, The Prim Pumpkin...


Jody Battaglia...


Joyce Stahl, Enchanted Productions...



Kerry Howard Schmidt, Paper Moon Gallery...


Kevin Buntin...


Laurie Hardin, Monkey Cats Studio...


Lori Ann Corelis, The Spotted Hare...



Lucky Stradley's pottery....


Nicol Sayre....


Nicole Johnson, Mealy Monster Land...


Nancy Malay, Victorian Whimsies...


Paul Gordon....


Scott Smith, Rucus Studio....



Sheila Bentley....


Sue Bartolucci, Tinsell and Whimsey...



Sylvia Smiser, Annaboo Creations...


Will Bezek...


Pam Gracia, Soft in the Head....


 
 My helper this year, Debbie, with artist Jerry Arnold as the Crying Baby, lol....


I can't begin to tell you what a *magical* weekend it was! Truly my favorite weekend of the whole year, spending time with dear friends and fellow artists, meeting collectors and making new friends....like one big Halloween party - more of an experience than a show! And for those already planning for NEXT year, the tentative date is October 3rd - I can't wait, and hope to see some of you there!

In the meantime, there are a very few of my originals from the show available in the Etsy shop, and I've re-stocked all the prints as well. :)

In other news, the next road trip I'll be taking (weather and finances permitting) will be west through Pittsburgh and over into Ohio to see dear friends, then south to the Asheville N.C. area to spend Thanksgiving with my Mom and Stepdad, then east to the Charleston, S.C. area to see another dear friend. This will be John's first road trip since Ghoultide 2011, and I know he's looking forward to getting out of town for a bit.

Soooooo, between now and then, I'll be immersed in commission work and Christmas/Yule pieces and ornaments....and hopefully taking the occasional day to enjoy this breathtaking season.

Until next time (and I promise it will be much sooner!)

Carolee

2 comments:

Krishenkas Treasures said...

wow these pictures are fantastic and you certainly showed the doubters something. Good for you and I am now following you lovely blog x

Rachel said...

That clock is so amazing, it must have taken you ages. It is gorgeous! :-)