Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Michigan Bound!

Today is the final day of prep and packing for Saturday's Bewitching Peddlers of Halloween show, up in Chelsea, Michigan this Saturday... And true to form, I've been doing little else but painting, so those pesky other details have been left to the last minute. ;)


Enter help, in the form of a couple of dear friends, and daughter Courtney, who is on her way as I type this (yay for surprises from thoughtful kids, right?)...

In the meantime, I'm trying to contain my excitement. This show is the new incarnation of the always amazing Ghoultide Gathering, and it's the first time I've been able to attend/exhibit in person since 2014, so I'm absolutely over the moon about seeing old friends, and meeting new ones.

I'm also super excited about the collection of work I'll be sharing, so here's a little peek at a couple of the larger pieces...

"Danse Macabre" includes a hand painted music stand, painted violin, and a 1929 copy of the sheet music for the title piece...

 
"Ghost Stories" is an original acrylic painting on a framed, wood panel. Reminiscent of childhood Halloweens and camping out in the backyard or woods, it's one of my favorites, and is already available in prints (click here)....


There are plenty of other goodies too - trinket and treasure boxes, signs, paintings, treat bowls, ornaments... If you're withing striking distance, please do visit in person! My favorite part of the show is meeting fellow Halloween lovers and collectors!

OK, back to work now... There are paintings to finish and a car to load. It won't be long now...

Hope to see you soon!

♥ Carolee


No comments: