Sunday, January 31, 2010

EHAG Emporium Debut!

I wanted to create something truly special for the grand opening of EHAG's new online marketplace, and hope I've succeeded....This original, one of a kind apothecary chest is hand made of birch wood here in rural Pennsylvania, originally designed as a replica of old colonial "salt boxes".....


But I wouldn't put salt in it.....Noooooo, I think it would be put to better use holding perfume, or jewelry, or perhaps stationary supplies and notecards....almost anything really.

If ever a piece was infused with creative magic, this it it, hehe - I enjoyed every minute of it!


The moon perched high atop the scrollwork is sculpted for a three dimensional effect.


The interior is decoupaged with vintage look, burnished edge papers.



At $345 (no eBay fees, yay!) it's up for grabs to the first person to email me at carolee@kingofmice.com, and comes to you signed and dated, with a certificate of authenticity. (I'm open to two payments on this one too).

I have to add a big thank you to Jen over at Gypsy Mare Studios for all the work she's put into the EHAG Emporium debut! Jen has selflessly donated her time and energy to create a place for EHAG artists to display their work online, and for collectors to browse the finest in contemporary Halloween art and collectibles. Thank you, Jen!

Look for the next EHAG Emporium update on March 31st, and look for more goodies from my little studio in a day or two. I think there's one lone ornament left on Etsy now, so it's time to replenish, and there's an echo over at eBay, so look for something there very soon as well.

In the meantime, thanks very much for visiting, and have a happy and *creative* week!

♥ Carolee

7 comments:

AwtemNymf said...

*drools* Another bewitching masterpiece! I love it!
I enjoyed flying on my broom to see the EHAG Emporium event!
Halloween is everyday for me- so this was just the icing on the cake event for me!
Thank you for sharing your enchantments!
The buyer is gonna be one lucky person to own this! AWESOME
Be Enchanted!

Dianie said...

Carolee,
This box is absolutely stunning!

~Diane

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Drooling here to Carolee! What an incredible piece!

Hugs,
Candy

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Stunning!!! ~ Love the stars and moon at the top. '-))

SpOOky CK (-:

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

The piece is absolutely spectacular Carolee!! What a great offering for the EHAG Emporium debut!
Laurie

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Lovely!!

Always great to see what fun things you create.

Unknown said...

A fantastic box and definitely too good for salt!
Love those Graphic 45 papers x