Sunday, August 6, 2017

On Reclaiming Our Time

A few months ago, inspired by Elizabeth Warren, I created a piece which made me feel as though, after a truly hellish year, I too could persist. I am grateful that it seemed to resonate with people, and that (in addition to a dear friend capturing the original), prints of this work have now gone to live all over the world.

Fast forward to last week when I saw the now famous clip of Rep. Maxine Waters questioning the Treasury Secretary, and receiving a response that I think was best described as "every work meeting for women, ever". Ms. Waters repeatedly reclaimed her time, and in so doing, inspired me (and I'm sure many others) all over again.

As women, time is probably our most precious commodity, and we all know the frustration of having it wasted. So this piece, "Reclaiming My Time" is filled with positive, feminist affirmations, and is for every woman who has ever endured mansplaining, condescension, and just plain being ignored.


It was empowering to paint, and I hope others find it empowering to hang in homes and offices, or to gift to daughters and friends. 

As of typing this, both the original and prints are available in the Etsy shop. ♥

Thanks for taking a peek, and I'll be back very soon with new work, and details about an exciting new show!

Artful Blessings,
♥ Carolee

6 comments:

susan hemann said...

how wonderful! I love it!!

Carolee said...

Thank you! ♥

Nellie said...

Carolee, beautiful and wonderful inspiration from two of my favorite women! YES!!

Lynn said...

Do you have a poster print? I would like to purchase a copy?

Carolee said...

Hi Lynn, yes! An 8 x 10 is available in my Etsy shop - just click on the words "Etsy Shop" in the post here, and it will take you there. :)

Thanks! ~ Carolee

Carolee said...

Thanks so much for the kind words, all. ♥ ~ Carolee