Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Emerging from "Wonderland"!

My head has been spinning for many days now with hearts and flowers, magical creatures and whimsical landscapes...But with the completion of the "Wonderland" memory chest, I'm slowly surfacing again, hehe...

I can't tell you what a FUN piece this was to paint!

"Alice in Wonderland" is one of those stories that provides a never ending well of inspiration...

And of course, the quote is one of my favorites...

This piece was already snapped up by a wonderful collector, but it certainly won't be the last time I visit Wonderland...

I mean, mad tea parties, croquet, rabbits and smiling cats - what's not to ♥ LOVE ♥ ???

I got to play with decoupage for this piece too - more fun!

Next up are a couple of whimsical Halloween pieces, then something inspired by Tolkien's Middle Earth.

In the meantime, I'm off to do a bit of shipping and maybe even some grocery shopping. I've been so immersed in painting lately, the proverbial cupboard is bare - eek!

Wishing you a happy and *creative* rest of the week...Back very soon...

♥ Carolee

6 comments:

Janine said...

Oh wow, this is so cool.
Another masterpiece of you.
Happy easter
Janine

Hanni said...

My goodness, this chest is just wonderful! I love it!

Unknown said...

Truly an extra special piece! :-)

Heathen said...

Stunning! I love all things Alice.

mirsini's creations said...

It's amazing!! Awesome! I looooove this too!! Kisses to you ! :)

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

Alice! Love it, and Middle Earth? can't wait to see your new creations!