Friday, April 22, 2011

Wickedly Whimsical WIPs...

I know, I know, it's Easter weekend, and I should probably be painting something in soft, springlike, pastels. But I just can't seem to tear myself away from vibrant color...

When these pieces grow up, they hope to become pinkeeps and mending boxes...

"Sew Wicked" and Sew Magic". The fabric you see in the photo will adorn the tops. :)

Sometimes it's fun to break out of one's comfort zone and play around with new materials, new accents. Fabric isn't normally my forte, but a few pieces like this add a little variety.

As does sculpture. I've been having sooooooo much fun playing with sculpted accents lately! Several such pieces will be going with me to the Ghoultide Gathering this fall, but this particular one will be up for grabs on eBay this evening...

There's a little shooting star inside the box. :)

Now, as if all this wasn't enough to keep me busy, I'm also knee deep in commission work - and determined to finish some of it up this week! The number of pending commissions has grown to the point where I'm now accepting orders for 2012 completion, and I need to make a dent it it if I'm to keep what's left of my sanity, hehe. :)

No complaints though - I'm just ever so grateful that people like what I do well enough to give it a home, and grateful even more for the wonderful friends I've met since I began this online artistic journey ten years ago. (Insert corny group hug here). ;)

I'll be back very soon, and in the meantime, I wish a Happy and Blessed Easter to those who observe it, and a happy spring to all!

♥ Carolee

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new curvy handle AND the vibrant colors! :-) Glad you like the old stove. It's extra fun at Halloween! Wishing you and your a Happy Easter!
~ Deb

maddyrose said...

Love the box, colors, curvy handle and all. I can see why you're so busy and your work sells so well.