Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Blessings

I write this as the First Day of Christmas winds down and all seems right with the world. It's just John and I this evening, Courtney and her friend having left a couple of hours ago. Dinner dishes are washed and dried, candles extinguished, gifts put away, and we're just about to settle in to an evening of watching Ingrid Bergman and Bing Crosby in "The Bells of St Mary's".

Like many of you, I've been preparing for weeks; making and wrapping gifts, addressing cards, baking cookies, tidying the house, shipping parcels far and wide - all the time wishing I had a few elves (many hands make light work, and all that). For all the preparation, the day sure speeds by, doesn't it?

It was a wonderful Christmas here, filled with family, friends, and a fabulous feast (how's that for alliteration, hehe?!) I'll post a few photos tomorrow, but in the meantime I'm putting my feet up, grabbing my knitting, and enjoying a quiet cup of tea.

I am truly blessed.

Wishing you and yours a holiday filled with magic and joy!

Until next time,
~ Carolee