Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saint Francis, Patron Saint of Animals

I'm sharing this latest piece while still on vacation. A little unusual, in that it was begun in Pennsylvania, and finished in South Carolina...


As an animal lover, I've always been drawn to Saint Francis, and it was such a blessing to paint him. The "Brother Sun" and "Sister Moon" at the base of either side is taken from one of his canticles. He's quite large, measuring 21" x 22 1/2". Painted in acrylics on solid pine, with a clear acrylic varnish.

He's $375 on a first-come basis, plus shipping, which will depend on location. I can send him off as soon as I return to Pennsylvania, at the end of the month. Email me at carolee@kingofmice.com with questions or to purchase. :) UPDATE ~ SOLD.

I'm having a wonderful time here in the Charleston area, and we're off to Savannah and St Augustine next!

Until next time,
~ Carolee