Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Final Countdown - and a Few Tips...

With just over three weeks until the biggest Halloween Art event of the year, I'm not sure which is spinning out of control faster - my house or my mind, lol...

So many pieces to paint, the display to prepare, packing to be done, last minute supplies to be purchased, and of course, all this in addition to maintaining some kind of presence on Etsy, and offering a few seasonal pieces for those who can't make it to the show.

There have been 16 original ornaments in the last couple of days, but they flew quickly. Fortunately, the Mice President found quite a few prints here this morning (taking inventory is not my strong suit - too much like math), so the Etsy shop is now updated. Some prints have already flown, but as of typing this, some remain. I have to add, it was so much fun going through them all, and a few in particular are inspiring me to watch "Practical Magic" for the umpteenth time...


Every time I see this one, I start humming "♪ ♫ Put the lime in the coconut ♪ ♪ ", hehe...


They're available on Etsy while my very small supply lasts, along with a few other prints. :)

And now, a word about The Big Show...

If you're withing striking distance, and love Halloween, the Ghoultide Gathering is an event you do not want to miss. If you're coming (and I do hope you are - my favorite part of the show is meeting friends and collectors!), be sure to stop by and introduce yourself. I know so many people online, but would never in a million years recognize them in person, and I do want to meet as many of you as possible. :)

The website will have information on hours, location and accommodations (call the hotels rather than booking online - they have a special rate for Ghoultide attendees), but the best tip I can offer is to arrive early. Seriously. People start lining up for this one at the crack of dawn - and some even before dawn! There will be diagrams available outside, showing where all the artists are located, so collectors can map out their shopping strategy. Once inside and shopping, if you see something you love, don't hesitate. Work sells quickly here, and it's always heartbreaking to see someone walk away to think about a piece, only to return, and find it already sold. Finally - have fun! If you're so inclined, indulge your inner witch (or vampire, or whatever) and dress up.Think of it as trick or treating for grownups. ;)

That's about it for today...I'm turning in now, exhausted, but giddy with excitement, which will only increase as the event approaches.

Hope to see you there!!

♥ Carolee



2 comments:

lgreddog said...

Hi Carolee, I was so happy to see you had made prints of my "practical Magic" original (the rose petals). It is one of my favorites. Wishing you a wonderful time at the gathering, some day I hope to attend. :) Jenny

Debbie Wigren Mazur said...

I am so looking forward to the show. I will definitely introduce myself. I love your work and your endless energy! You are an inspiration! Good luck!
Debbie Mazur (I'll be the one with the wide eyes and drool...oh wait, that doesn't narrow it down, does it?) lol