Wednesday, August 12, 2020

The Witch's Apothecary

 Well, it's been a little while, hasn't it?

I'm afraid I've been so immersed in Facebook, Instagram, and just LIFE (and now pandemic life) that blogging sort of fell through the cracks. I won't promise to get better about it, because well - I've tried that, hehe...But for what it's worth, I do promise to try. ;)

If you're visiting to get a peek at the new Witch's Apothecary Cabinet, you've come to the right place.

  

This piece was truly a labor of love and inspiration, and the first of its kind I've painted in well over five years - since before John passed, in fact. It brought back a lot of memories of him checking on my progress, complimenting the outcome, and joking about how if I didn't stop obsessing and adding detail, I'd end up making about ten cents an hour on the piece, lol. :)


 

This one has been a good couple of weeks in the making, and I'm really proud of it. I think he would be too...

 

  

The cabinet itself is made of wood, hand crafted by an Amish woodworker here in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, painted in acrylics, and finished with a clear, acrylic varnish. You may find tiny imperfections in both wood texture and brushstrokes, as is the nature of hand made, rather than manufactured pieces, but I think that adds to the charm.

 

The piece measures 26 1/4" x 15 3/4" x 7". It's signed it on the bottom, and will come with a signed and dated certificate of authenticity. I think it would look wonderful mounted on a wall in kitchen, dining room or living room.

 

 

Since there's been a good bit of interest in this one, to make it fair, I'm accepting offers, with a minimum of $950, via email to carolee@kingofmice.com. The best offer will capture the piece, and I'll leave it open until tomorrow evening (August 13th) at 8PM. Depending on the offer, I will consider splitting it into two payments (via PayPal). In the event there are identical best offers, I will contact the collectors and let them have the opportunity to revise. Shipping will vary depending on location, but it will come to  you via UPS, professionally packaged and fully insured. Depending on the best offer, shipping may be included.

 

  

Finally, thank you sooooooo much for all the kind words, comments and interest in this piece on social media. It's such a blessing to work on something I truly feel will be a future heirloom, and there's no better feeling in the world than thinking my work will bring a little *magic* to someone's hearth and home for generations to come. ♥

 

 

If you have any questions about the piece, feel free to email, or contact me on Facebook, and do feel free to leave a comment here - I love hearing from you! 

 

 

Artful blessings, much love, and stay safe...

Carolee

2 comments:

Eva cazares said...

So beautiful! A dream. a magickal dream!

Carolee said...

Thanks so much!