Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pennsylvania Dutch Pearl of Wisdom for the Day:

"The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get!"

This old saying has been around for ages, but I'm certain that whoever said it was an artist. ;)

OK, maybe a Mom.

Probably both.

In an effort to Deck the Halls, Make the Yuletide Gay, and still actually work, I've been running around like the proverbial headless chicken...

This morning's plan was to be out the door and on the way to the grocery store by 7AM, in order to beat the Sunday crowds, and be back here to paint by 11. Sounds easy, right? Not quite. Not twelve days before Christmas at Wegmans. Everyone and his brother had the same idea, and it took me almost three hours just to get through my shopping list.....Minus the apple miny jelly I need for thumbprint cookies, I might add. Why does no one carry this anymore? Mental note: find apple mint jelly elsewhere this week....

At any rate, the painting began closer to noon, but I was so pleased with the crescent moon face I was painting on the top of the mitten box, I didn't even care.

Until.....

I noticed I'd painted it upside down! Yep - completely topsy-turvy moon....

Out came the sandpaper, followed by more blue and periwinkle paint. Magical swirly background, good as new, and right-side-up crescent moon! Which is where we are now. :) Needless to say, the mitten box won't be finished tonight. I won't even promise tomorrow night, although I'm hopeful!

In the meantime, it's back to work.....

Wish me luck!
~ Carolee

3 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

LOL! Sounds like you are having one of my days! I'm sure the crescent moon will still turn out lovely! gail

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

It definitely will be lovely, can tell already! Thank you for the photo tip! It WORKED!!! gail

Anonymous said...

don't feel too bad Carolee I once painted a bunch of pears upside down on a table!

Suzanne in CT