Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I don't often post blog awards, but having received this one several times over, I'm crying uncle, lol...And thank you to Iva, of Halloween Alechemy, to Julie Mitchell and to Zan Asha for the kind words about my random musings here. :)
The deal with this award is to list seven things that I love, or things that inspire. Difficult to narrow it down when there's a whole world of love and inspiration out there, but I'll pick a few of them:
1. Spirit; God, Goddess, the universe, the creator - whatever name you put to it, being in touch with that force, feeling close to it, expressing gratitude for it's blessings is like a well of inspiration rising up. Basically, being attuned to something greater than myself.
2. My family. I know, everyone says this, but really, if you're doing a "things I love" list and your family isn't very near the top, you're in serious trouble, right? ;)
3. Music. Celtic, folk, world music, classical, blues, jazz - pretty much anything except metal, rap or country. The music I'm listening to can not only inspire, but change the direction of a piece. Absolutely cannot create without music.
4. Animal friends and companions. They're so in tune with the natural world, and so in the moment...and if we listen, have so much to teach us humans about simple pleasures, pure joy and unconditional love. :)
5. Road trips. The kind without an itinerary. Where you just get in the car and GO. No schedule to follow, no timetable, and no plan but adventure and discovery - the best!
6. Informal gatherings, especially with creative types...Nothing more energizing or inspiring than getting together with other artists. Around here, the gatherings are usually potlucks, with plenty of wine, often a couple of guitars, and animated conversation...doesn't get much better than that.
7. Last, but certainly not least - Halloween (You never saw that one coming, did you?!) Bright colors, magic, dressing up, childhood memories, scary tales, parties, and just plain good times. It's the holiday for being a kid again - no obligatory visits, no shopping, no stress, just FUN. :)
So there you have it - seven things out of the gazillion or so that inspire....
I'm supposed to "tag" seven other now, but to be honest I'm not big on the tagging thing....so consider this an open tag, and post seven things if you're so inclined. ;)
Or post a comment here - what do YOU find inspiring?
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• ~ Carolee