Friday, June 26, 2009

"Oh My Ears and Whiskers, How Late It's Getting!"

I confess - I'm the White Rabbit at the Tea Party!

Here it is, officially the 27th - the BIG DAY - and I'm up until the wee hours preparing everything for Vanessa's fabulous Mad Tea Party tomorrow....er, I mean today!

The cupcakes are very nearly finished....

They're French vanilla flavored - made with real vanilla beans, and homemade buttercream icing - yummmmmm. I was thinking perhaps some sugared black raspberries on top?

The little giveaway trinket is ready to go as well (open to all, and a double chance for blog followers!)...details tomorrow - um, I mean later today, hehe!

I've selected some fabulous teas, although haven't yet decided which of the White Rabbit teapots to use. The King of Mice will be attending too, and I hope the rest of the cast of characters make an appearance as the day progresses; I'll be alternately blog hopping and painting a hand made wooden tea chest with an Alice in Wonderland theme, so stay tuned. ;)

Right now, it's the arms of Morpheus for me...I'll be up reasonably early eastern time, at which point I'll share more photos and join the party!

See you in a few hours!
♥ Carolee

6 comments:

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

look forward to tea with you!

:)

Zan Asha said...

Hehee Carolee, I am drooling over the cupcakes and love the "Drink Me" cup/sign. Cannot wait for the rest of your party plans! Feel free to come see my Tea Party as well :D

Victorian Lady said...

I'll be up with ya! :) See you at the party tomorrow!

Mere

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Blueberry and pomegranate flavored white tea here this morning. Wanted to play too, but my schedule is out of whack!! Enjoy the party!
Laurie

Tristan Robin said...

an alice in wonderland chest??? ooooh!!!! can't wait to see it - really!

cupcakes look yummy - and love the drink me cup!

see you at the MaD TeA PaRtY!

Theresa said...

Feeling a bit curious after drinking your potion! What a wonderful party
~Theresa