Monday, July 5, 2010

Wicked Sweet :)

It's no secret I have a TERRIBLE sweet tooth...

And this has been the weekend to indulge it, artistically and otherwise, hehe...

This whimsical box was originally designed as a candle box, but I think it holds so many other possibilities as well; a treat or treasure box, a tea box, a desk accessory - or a place to store all those cupcake and cookie sprinkles!

It's up for grabs on eBay now. :)

I'm afraid this weekend I gave in to said sweet tooth not only with a paintbrush, but with a spoon.

This red, white and blueberry trifle was my little nod to the Fourth, as well as a nod to John's heritage (God save the Queen and all that). It's surprisingly light - made with diced angel food cake, sweetened light cream cheese and whipped topping, and fresh organic berries.


The recipe is here - I just lightened it up a bit with the cream cheese and topping choices, leaving out the glaze, and cutting the sugar in half. Perfection!

Soooooo, I'm curious. Do you have a sweet tooth? What's your very favorite indulgence?

I think mine would have to be creme brulee. Pumpkin creme brulee. Nothing better, and it's almost that time of year again - pumpkin EVERYTHING, haha.

Which means I'd better get cracking!!

I'll be back soon with another eBay piece. In the meantime, have a wickedly sweet week!

♥ Carolee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks yummo! How about old fashioned banana pudding with Nilla Wafers, Ooo and Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache! :-)