Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Very First Interview!

I've been dying to share this with you for DAYS now, but as anyone who knows me will attest, I'm a bit technically challenged....so it took me awhile to figure out how to use the scanner, hehe....

Celebrate 365 magazine is an absolutely gorgeous quarterly publication for the holiday and ornament collector, so when I was contacted by editor Connie Porcher about an article, I was extremely honored, and more than a little excited! When she told me one of my pieces would grace the back cover (the Poe purse on the left), I was pinching myself, haha...


It's truly a dream come true to see my work counted among "some of America's best known folk artists"; the fall issue also includes interviews with fellow EHAG artists Scott Smith, Johanna Parker, Sheila Bentley, Matthew Kirscht and many, many other well known artists.....Here's the photo, showing three of my pieces, which accompanies the interview:


Please do check out this wonderful publication - it's a must-have for the collector - just filled with Halloween and holiday eye candy! Thanks so much again, Connie, for including me. :)

Okay, back to reality now, and back to work. Look for a new piece later today (assuming I can get my head out of the clouds, hehe!)

~ Carolee

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations again Carolee!! Wonderful bits of eye candy for sure!
Lori

fawndear said...

Congrats on your interview. I'll have to pick up the magazine now.
I found your blog through 'A Fanciful Twist' and will definately be back to visit.
I love your art.

Anonymous said...

Yes...congrats!!! You deserve it! I ordered the magazine from your link, can't wait to see it!

Connie
Gypsy Lace

Kingfisher Farm said...

Congratulations Carolee!! You deserve it, and yes it is exciting! Pam