Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Memories and Musings

OK, I'm going to sound VERY old here....

Do you find, as I do, that as the years pass, "time flying" becomes almost exponential?

It doesn't seem that long ago I was looking forward to my first Mother's Day as a new Mom...

And now my baby is all grown.

Lucky girl has her Father's curly locks. :)

I think too about my own Mother, a young bride here, showing her wedding ring, just about a year prior to my birth...


And leaving for her honeymoon...


So happy they were. I just love these photos. They seem almost iconic.

Dad passed just over 30 years ago, and Mom has long since remarried. I don't have any recent pics, but she's just as beautiful and just as happy today. :)

I'm not sure if being a grandmother is in the cards for me or not, but I hope so. And I hope when the time comes, I'm a good one. No matter how quickly time flies, I hope I remain young at heart, and young in spirit, always open minded, always creative, and always a little bit quirky.

Wishing that for all of us, in fact, and wishing all the Moms out there a very Happy Mother's Day!

♥ Carolee

3 comments:

maddyrose said...

Carolee this was such a lovely post. I've also spent time recently thinking of how quickly time passes. I still think of myself as young but when your youngest grandchild is a grown woman, it makes you wonder how all that time could get by you so quickly. Have a very wonderful Mother's day.

mirsini's creations said...

Wonderful post Carolee !! I love the old photo with you and your daughter, how cute baby she was!! And the photos of your parents are very very nice !! Your daughter has so beautiful hear!!!! and the photo is fairy nice !!
Happy mothers day to you and i'm sure that you always be creative and open minded !! You will be a fantastic grandma !! I hope the same things for me for the future! Kisses to you !! :o))

Unknown said...

Very nice post Carolee. Photos are are such a treasure, and gosh yes, where does the time go!
Happy Mother's Day

~ Deb