Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Taking a Chance - The First eBay Auction in *AGES*!

As you may have noticed, it's been MONTHS since I've had anything listed on eBay...

Their new, higher fee structure, and policies favoring large electronic distributors over small artists left me feeling very frustrated - and I must admit I DO love Etsy...

But every once in a while there's a piece where pricing is unsure, and I'm willing to let the market decide.

Such is Baba Yaga, the old witch from Russian folklore. You can read about here here. She's quite a character with her chicken legged house, her cat and dog, and her fence of skulls! A wonderful folk tale though, one of kindness rewarded.

She was originally priced at $195, and I'm opening the bidding here at just $45 (eek!)...I was actually tempted to keep her, but sell her I must, so I'm holding my breath and taking a chance someone else will love her too. She's listed now, and the auction will run through Sunday evening. ♥

I must also add a BIG thank you to Lori Davis, leader of the Pfabulous Pfatt group, for making my auction look so good! (I'm completely clueless about graphics and html). :)

I'll be back very soon with four new chunky 5" x 5" canvases with button adornments. In the meantime, thanks for taking a peek!!

♥ Carolee

1 comment:

vintagepaletteart said...

You are so very welcome Carolee. I have viewed in with both Firefox and IE browsers and can see it fine....not sure why some people are saying they can't? Maybe they need to clear their cache or their computers are older? I don't know? I'm not having any problems and I'm using that template with all of my auctions. Here's to bids on your first ebay auction in quite some time! :)