Monday, February 21, 2011

"Maiden, Mother, Crone"

Having experienced two of the three stages, or aspects of the feminine journey - and being well on my way to embracing the crone years - I thought it would be fun to paint a triptych depicting all three...

I suppose I could have painted these as Goddess rather than Witch, but I wanted them to have a bit of a magical feel...And the figures could have been painted in full light (which I may still do at some point), but I think keeping them in silhouette gives them more of an "every woman" feel, don't you?

These three little paintings are now up for grabs on eBay, and I hope they bring blessings and smiles to their new home. :)

More are goodies coming soon, although I find myself ever so slightly slowed down by another nasty head cold this week. And with snow falling as I type this, I'm thinking tomorrow may just be a homemade soup kind of day. ;)

(See? I'm sounding like an old crone already!)

Which aspect do you find yourself immersed in, and are you enjoying it? I do hope so. I think we are meant to enjoy the seasons of life every bit as much as the seasons of the year.

It's all a blessing, isn't it?

Until next time,
♥ Carolee

5 comments:

Della said...

These are beautiful and work so well together. Lovely work, Carolee!

Coleen said...

Hi Carolee,
I"m enjoying the season of empty nest that happened to us last July when our youngest left home. Now is my time to be creative and to travel with my hubby. It is a great season.
Blessings on your day.
Coleen in Ukraine

mermaiden said...

well, since witches are goddess-worshipers, this is perfect! and being one myself and a lover of the pointy hat, i am enamored.

The Extra Large Medium said...

Beautiful. Are these available to buy or are you available for commissions?

Carolee said...

Thanks so much. These paintings are sold, but I do accept commissions. :)

~ Carolee