Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Surreal Day and Some New Work

Have you ever had one of those days where everything seems a little unreal and dreamlike? As if you were watching strange events unfold from afar, feeling a little disoriented, and not quite a part of things? That was my Yesterday...

First, this beautiful and intelligent young woman celebrated her twenty ninth birthday.


TWENTY NINE.

How is that possible? Wasn't it just moments ago I was twenty nine myself, and she was seven?? Wasn't it just moments ago I was reading her stories and taking her to the park to feed the ducks?

I don't feel old enough to have twenty nine year old. But the grey hair and the aches and creaks in my bones tell me it's so, even if memory and sense of time are distorted.

The very same day, I discovered someone from my distant past - teacher, mentor and at one time something far more complicated, had passed away. And I was surprised to feel not only profound sadness, but forgiveness, and a wish that he find peace. I think one of the blessings of aging is the realization that most people do the best they can in life, and that most hurts aren't intentional. It becomes easier to let go. So I wish him God speed, and remember him for the gift of art, and of loving art. That's a lot.

Today, feeling much more myself, I threw myself into new work - and lots of it...

Eight new pieces, destined for eBay and Etsy just as soon as they're completed.

In the meantime, there's a belated birthday lunch tomorrow, another piece to begin for the upcoming PFATT Marketplace update, and commissions to complete.

Back very soon ;)
♥ Carolee

2 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

I thought that was you in the pic!!

"most people do the best they can in life, and that most hurts aren't intentional" - very true, will try to keep this in mind.

LYNDY WARD said...

Your daughter is beautiful Carolee, just like her mom & dad! Remember when we were 29, where did the time go???

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. ~ Mark Twain

A hug is a great gift ~ one size fits all & it's easy to exchange.

(((Sending Great Big Hugs)))
Lyndy

P.S. I see you're not joining the OWOH this year. I'm probably not going to either with all the things that need to get done...