Thursday, August 25, 2011

*Bewitching* Brew....

...Magical Potion...Enchanting Elixir...Intoxicating Infusion...Liquid Wisdom; that restorative wonder and general cure-all, liquid bliss and inspiration; a cup of TeA.

Loving tea as I do (and collecting teapots!), it's become a frequent subject in the studio, painting as I sip whatever brew strikes my fancy that day, perfectly content with every moment of the process. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something very Zen about the combination of tea and art, a sort of calm that washes over you, kind of like what happens when you sit down with a cup of tea and a good book. ;)

C.S. Lewis famously said "You can never have a cup of tea large enough, or a book long enough to suit me."

I ♥ that.

But I'm getting off track here...Aside from extolling the virtues and wonders of tea, I want to share what I've been up to all week. Well, half of it anyway.

This is a hand made, birch wood tea chest in it's original state, straight from the woodworker. So many possibilities, but of course, the one that leaps to mind is something illustrating the *magic* it contains. A black cat, a witchy little mouse, a *magical* Halloween tea set, and cupcakes that make you want to steal a bite or two...

And inside, room for boxes and boxes of your favorite brew. I'm running a tad low on teabags myself, or I would have added more for the photograph. Guess it's time to restock.

I'll be listing this one on Etsy tonight, where it can be directly purchased (I'm really loving that people don't have to jump through eBay hoops to get my pieces any more) and I was also thinking it would be fun to offer personalization on the inside of the lid - a name, a date, a quote - whatever makes it special. ♥

I think it would be perfect for a Witch's Tea Party - or even a tea party for one...

This was my very own solo party last October.

Which reminds me - veering off topic a bit here, but I have to tell you, there's a Practical Magic blog party coming soon! If you scroll down on the right sidebar, you'll see the banner, which will lead you to the hostess' blog, details, etc. As soon as I heard about it, I was IN! Can never have enough Practical Magic. ;)

Are you still with me? I know I ramble sometimes. At least, that's what John says ("Does this story have a POINT?")

Sometimes, hehe. ;)

Anyway, I'll be back soon with more new work. Things can get a little crazy this time of year as I divide my time between work for sale, work for the Ghoultide Gathering, and commissions. (Sleep is soooooo overrated, ha!)

Wishing you days of magic and bliss as summer draws to a close, and the first traces of autumn appear. I'll leave you with this video of one of my favorite folky autumn songs...



Until next time,
♥ Carolee

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Beautiful post...and woah...gorgeous art and creations..pure magic!Hey me too i love sipping tea while I paint! ..pure bliss! thanks for such an enchanting post...you are super talented!
Victoria

Cameron said...

That turned out so wonderfully! Snatched up by some lucky person, I see...lickety split!

Tea is wonderful...and there are times when nothing else will suffice....but, I'm still a coffee girl at heart ;P

Right now I just wish it were cold enough to enjoy a hot cup of either...haha!

petoskystone said...

of course your story has a point: life! wonderful tea chest...do you ever do loose leaf tea chests?

Melanie Statnick said...

I'm with you on the Tea I know exactly how you feel having a nice hot tasty cup of tea, relaxing into your art. I love your tole painting. The tea box is lovely!