Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Snowmen in August?!

Yep, yep, yep. ;)

Preparation for fall and holiday shows is in full swing here, so I thought I'd share something a little different than the usual "wicked and whimsical" art...

Having signed on to the Holiday Craft Show in Fairfax VA, I've been playing with welcome signs (old and new) and the upshot is these two designs...

"Let Heaven and Nature Sing" - two available (update - all sold)...


And "Winter Blessings" - three available (update - all sold)...


I'm told by repeat customers they make great holiday gifts, so I'll be heading to the show with about 160 of them! That's a LOT of painting, hehe. :)

And actually, these are probably a bit more detailed than large scale production will allow, so rather than take them along and confuse matters, I'll be offering them on Etsy tomorrow, unless they get snapped up first. ;)

They measure about 10 1/2" x 16 1/2", are painted in acrylics on solid pine, routed and stained, with a clear varnish suitable for indoor or outdoor display. $45 each plus shipping, which depends on location. If you'd like one or more ,just shoot me an email at carolee@kingofmice.com .

That's about it for now...Back to painting!

♥ Carolee

5 comments:

Melanie Statnick said...

These are adorable. I love love love snowmen. My winter decor is all about the snowman. Beautiful work.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I remember these signs...they literally flew out of my store once upon a time! Every now and again I will spy one hanging by a front door in town...makes me so happy!

Hanni said...

Love your signs, very beautiful!

Maggie said...

Love these snowmen!

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

aww, the first snowman actually makes me hate the thought of winter a little less <3 <3 <3 They are adorable!!!