Friday, August 21, 2009

Show and Tell

Remember those days in school? I remember Show and Tell was always on a Tuesday, and I also remember just being sooooooooo excited to share....well, I can't exactly remember WHAT, but do I remember the excitement. ;)

That's a bit how I'm feeling - so much to share I hardly know where to start!

The week began with a knock at the front door, which I admit I tried very hard to ignore. I do that sometimes if I'm working - ignore knocks at the door. It's usually either magazine salespeople or young men in ties trying to convert me, so I'm in no hurry to check it out. But Cadie and Cosmo (a.k.a. the crazy Aussies) were not having any of that, and when the barking finally reached a level that went straight for my spinal cord, I decided to see what the fuss was about.....

Sooooooo glad I did!

It was a priority mail delivery from one of my collectors and friends - this beautiful bunny teapot, a gift for my 50th! Can you believe it!? Not that I'm 50 I mean, but that one of my collectors would be so sweet? I'm overwhelmed. It's in the china cabinet with a few of the other teapots (I have a smallish collection), where it will stay until I change the teapots around for Christmas. :)

Thank you again, Barbara!! I'll treasure it always....

The next amazingly wonderful surprise came last night in the form of two emails congratulating me on my work appearing in Early American Life magazine's "Events" section, representing the Ghoultide Gathering. Here's the little blurb, with a photo of last year's "Carnivale de Mystique" chest....

I'm thinking of bringing something similar to the show this year, we'll see. Just two of these chests left and one is already in progress for a commission. ;)

The next bit of excitement is that I was able to lay my hands on one more very large platter, which I've spent the last couple of days working wicked and whimsical magic on...

It lists tonight on eBay, at 9PM eastern. :)

Finally, I have to share the fabulous Miss Vanessa Valencia's annual Halloween Party! SUCH fun, these blog events, and I'll be there with pointy shoes and bells on. :)

That's about it for now. I'm about to have a glass of red wine with my very late supper, put my feet up and catch up on a bit of reading.

Oh! And if you haven't already, please scroll down to the previous post and sign up for my little giveaway. I'll draw the winner's name on Monday. :)

Wishing everyone a magical weekend!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• ~ Carolee

7 comments:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

The teapot is truly adorable. :) And I am totally in LOVE with the plate...Halloween is my favorite holiday - such fun. I sadly won't be able to participate in Vanessa's Halloween blog party, as I'll be away on vacation - but I'll visit everyone's party as soon as I'm back, that's for sure!

snippetgirl said...

That teapot is absolutely adorable!! What a fabulous treasure and sweet surprise!!!
Your platter is totally amazing. I can't get over how lovely your lettering is....every time i see it I swoon :). You are simply the best!

Janine said...

HaHa, so true what you say about the usual reason for the ringing at the door. This teapot is so lovely and so is your latest work.
Have a nice weekend

quitethecrow said...

Hi Carolee...just had a chance to drop by and see what wonderful magic you have been creating lately. You have outdone yourself on the beautiful platter. Best of luck with the auction.

That teapot is so charming and what a lovely treat instead of the usual knock-knocks by the pushy and the preachy...Elizabeth

Acornmoon said...

Your work is so lovely, I wonder if you have ever thought of licensing?

Happy 50th by the way!

Unknown said...

That teapot is adorable, and your platter is absolutely amazing! Suzie. X :)

Unknown said...

you ROCK!! love those carnivale chests! whooo weee :)

Lori