Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wicked Good Tea and Other Goodies....

It's not often I'm tempted to keep a piece of my work instead of selling it - if I did that, I'd eventually have to get a "real" job, and I love this artsy life too much! But I must admit it's sometimes hard to part with the tea pieces....

Like dog and cat people, and journey and destination people, I think there are also coffee and tea people. And while I do love my vanilla lattes, for the most part I fall into the latter category.

There's something truly magical about a good cup of tea - it warms, it soothes, it relaxes - just a few sips can change your whole perspective....Which is exactly the feeling I was trying to convey with the latest eBay offering, a witchy tea box. I hope I've succeeded. ;)

I've also been busy these past few days with creative pursuits of the culinary variety...

Friday's project was a fresh peach pound cake with apricot brandy glaze....


And last night found me staying up 'til all hours blanching, cooling, cutting and freezing a large batch of summer sweet corn. This is an annual project, and I admit I grumble about the time involved, but come January, I'm always soooooooo glad I froze so much of the stuff. :)

I'd like to say the latest domestic kick extended itself to houscleaning and organizing, but I'm afraid the place still looks like the art explosion. ;)

Ah well, one thing at a time.....

It's approaching midnight as I type this, and if I'm not careful, I'll turn into a pumpkin, so off I go. But not before wishing everyone a happy and creative week ahead!

I'll be back very soon with photos of works in progress....

♥ Carolee

13 comments:

Victoria Stitch said...

that witchy teabox is actually amazing! its so halloweeny!

Anonymous said...

Do you sell your items in the uk or at least ship the out here? The only reason I ask is because I live in the UK and can't find items like you sell over here, plus your works amazing!! You might want to try selling this way, I know I'd buy from you!

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, just wanted to pop in & leave you a comment because you have such a delightful site ! I've loved looking at your pictures and reading your posts - they are great !

Thank you so much for sharing them

Carolee said...

Thanks very much for the kind comments!

Pxie, I do indeed ship to the UK, as long as it's not an oversized piece. If you see something you like on eBay or Etsy, just email me for an estimate. :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous tea -b ox. love the little cup n saucer handle - really cute!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Hello Carolee! What a fantastic blog you have - I love your work! By the way, that cake looks out-of-this world delicious. :)

William Bezek said...

That cake looks brilliant, so does your Teabox!

Zan Asha said...

Helloooo there Carolee! Long time no stopping in--although it curbs me from feeling sad about buying your wonderful work--although today, I might also say that I would also try to run off with your lovely cake! :)
Have a lovely day!

Janet Comby said...

Hi Carolee, I just e-mailed you to be added to your mailing list.I've been a fan of your artwork for years and am lucky enough to have 2 of your pieces. You're on my favorite sellers list on Ebay , and Even when I'm not buying, I love to look at your beautiful , imaginative pieces. It's been great watching your art develope over the years. I'm so glad to have found your blog and will be a regular reader. I may not be able to buy very often, but I'll be here to cheer you on! I too am a tea lover and this tea box is so awesome. And that cake!!!! Well, since I'm in Pa. too I'll be right over for a a taste! Cheers! P.S. Could I have your cake recipe? I really need a taste of that cake, LOL!

Kathleen Coy said...

Ohhh, that cake looks incredible!!!
Love the teabox, too! :-)

Je'Amour (Betty) said...

Yummy :-( I would loved to taste this, but I am trying to mind my weight but I think I gained a few ounces just looking at this...
Brightest of Blessing Je'Amour

Miss Holly said...

Ok, so there must be a sinfully delicious recipe for this cake somewhere.... and the spell check area of this blog noted that Halloween is mis-spelled...but don't tell anyone!

Judith said...

I just spent the day freezing my string bean harvest. Your right, hard work, but yummy in the winter!!!