Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wicked Jack and a Treasure Hunt!

I've been busier than busy this week, and it's likely to continue, but today I'm allowing myself a little reprieve to go treasure hunting for a secret project! I'm a woman on a mission, searching for paper and canvas, buttons and bows, ribons and lace, vintage hardware, and all things sparkly....Wishing very much some of my artistic sisters were close enough to join me, but I'm afraid this is going to be a solo mission. ;)

Don't you just LOVE days like this? Where the whole purpose is just discovery and ArT!?

Too fun. And Lancaster County is just the place to do it...Sooooooooooo many artsy-crafty stores and architectural salvage places. Maybe I'll bring my camera so I can share later?

Oh! And while we're on the subject of sharing, here's a peek at the current eBay listing...

Not much else new around here, except of course I'm painting like MAD for the upcoming Ghoultide Gathering! My talented woodworker just dropped off a large order last week, so look for a couple of real showstoppers on eBay too, including a very large Halloween checkers game table (check out the banner above - such a cool piece!) of course, this one will be painted differently, so stay tuned.....

Right now I'm off to grab a few CDs for the car (most of the stuff in there is John's at the moment, which means noisy electric stuff, hehe)....Anyway, I just picked up the new Jason Mraz with one of the many birthday gift cards and am LOVING it, so if you're in Lancaster County and see a black Beetle loaded with treasures and emanating happy music, that'll be me. :)

OK, off I go....Have a happy and *cReATivE* Thursday, all!!

♥ Carolee

11 comments:

Dianie said...

Wicked Jack is sooo cool!

Have a fabulous time on your treasure hunt. Oh, and it would be so great to see pic's of treasure hunt adventures.

Have fun :)

~Diane

Kathleen Coy said...

LOVE the Wicked Jack, Carolee!
Have a great time on your treasure hunt today! :-)

Coleen said...

love the signs you create!!!!

Heart Hugs,

Coleen

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha - I love the visual of you in the overloaded beetle! Very fun. I've never been to Lancaster. I live in Virginia but don't go North much. :o)

Lynn Barbadora said...

I just love it! I can't believe FAll is almost here.......so much painting to do! I also love those days of hunting for "found Items to paint on! Enjoy the day ! Lucky you!
Blessings,
Lynn

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

I am loving your scary Wicked Jack, Carolee!!! Fabulous!

By Way of Salem said...

Oh my! Gasp! THAT is a beautiful piece of work!!! Absolutely LOVE it!

Iva Wilcox said...

Love that wicked Jack piece Carolee! Yes, photos please of your artistic treasures adn discoveries!!
~ Iva

Janine said...

That is a phantastic sign. I love it.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Lovely new piece as always Carolee.

Have a great weekend!

Chris (-:

Anonymous said...

I like that pumpkin face!